17th March 2017
GET YOUR GAME ON!
Welcome, indie game developers, to the 9th edition of the Indie Pitch Arena, brought to you by GMGC at GMGC – Beijing.
Throw that game in the ring and see whose name shall appear victorious. Indie Pitch Arena is a home for Investors, Innovators, industry professionals, and of course Indie Developers. The Indie Pitch Arena is the best platform to hunt potential investment and partnership opportunities. Applications will be judged based on all aspects of the game presented – its design, technical, visual, and audio elements.
For Developers: Showcase and pitch your ideas to leading industry professionals. Gain valuable feedback and probably opportunities for investments. The champion and runners up of the Indie Pitch Area will walk away with RMB 10,000 , RMB 5,000 respectively!
Why be part of the Indie Pitch Arena?
- Have your game seen by the world's leading experts in the field, C-level executives, top media & more!
- Have the chance of winning one of our cash prizes (1st place: RMB 10,000, 2nd place: RMB 5,000)
- Have the chance of being invested in, funded, or acquired by companies attending the Indie Pitch Arena
- Get a complimentary booth to exhibit your game
Judges Panel Include:
Kainuun Etu Oy-Kavio Cluster
How to participate:
1. Download and complete the application form here, and then send it to email@example.com
with the title "GMGCBJ-IPA-2017".
2. We will overview your application and send you a confirmation prior to the event if you’ve made the cut
3. Once you’ve made the cut, you will present on-stage at the Indie Pitch Arena before a panel of
judges from top companies in the gaming industry.
4. After your presentation, there will be a short Q&A session with the judges.
5. After the presentation and Q&A, your game pitch will be rated by the judges.
- Have not been funded or invested in by a 3rd party company before with over 200,000 USD
- Have a working demo of the game
- Have no illegal or plagiarized content in the game (such as trademarked content, etc.)
Application & Pitch Requirements:
For the application:
For the live pitch:
- 1. The deadline for applications is 27th February 2017
- 2. Submit an official Indie Pitch Arena registration form
- 3. Submit a video or a working demo of the game being pitched (provide a download link from a store, private server, or cloud storage)
You can use any combination of the following methods:
- 1. Trailer video of your game
- 2. A live demonstration of the game play(iOS devices only)
- 3. A slide presentation on your game, with details that should include:
- 3.1 Main Idea: What is the concept or purpose of the game?
- 3.2 Features: What makes your game unique?
- 3.3 Monetization Model: How would the game make money?
- 4. Know your game in and out:
- At the end of your presentation, there will be a Q&A session from the judges. Be ready to answer!
- User Experience: Judges will look at how the game plays, what features and modes are in it, how good the controls are,
and how appealing or enjoyable/"addictive" the game might be
- Presentation: Judges will look at the graphics, layout, sound, music, and overall look of the game
- Originality: Judges will evaluate at how unique the game is, what makes it standout in terms of story, gameplay, features, controls etc.